20 Easy Ways to Make Snapshot Success Work for Your Library
- Use the quotes and comments that you collected in your annual report.
- Feature your participation and your customers in your next newsletter.
- Share your results with your board
- Put a Snapshot button on your website and link to the Flickr photo group.
- Make a slideshow of the Flickr photos and run it in the library near the check out desk.
- Make bold signs with your customer comments and display them throughout the library.
- Share the People Need Libraries, Libraries Need You handout with your trustees, commission, city council, freeholders, etc.
- Take the People Need Libraries, Libraries Need You handout when you visit schools, senior centers, community agencies, and any kind of outreach.
- Customize the model handout (add your own stats, logo, etc.)
- Welcome new library card holders with your custom handout.
- Send an email blast to your customer list or community contacts featuring customer quotes.
- Let your Friends group know about your participation in Snapshot.
- Sign up for the Tell Your Story statewide marketing campaign sponsored by the NJ State Library and NJLA.
- Develop your own slide show or web page featuring the comments and photos.
- Ask if your town website can feature the slideshow.
- Ask your local cable station if they can use the slideshow.
- Ask your local newspaper to run a photo and caption. Provide the customer's name and phone number if you have premission so they can contact them for an interview.
- Attend one of the Tell Your Story workshops to learn how to turn customer testimony into compelling stories.
- Design an 11 x 17 poster in color and print several copies "in house".
- Print even more copies and share them with your customers.
Promote Snapshot Day
New Jersey libraries are encouraged to promote snapshot.njlibraries.org by placing a button on your homepage.
To download files:
Right click on the image to save to your computer.
Buttons should link to:
http://snapshot.njlibraries.org/, which is the Snapshot Day homepage.
Sample code to insert on webpage:
<a href="http://snapshot.njlibraries.org/"><img border="0" src="camsm.jpg" alt="Snapshot: One Day in the Life of New Jersey Libraries" /></a>
pixels: 240 w X 240 h
inches: 0.8 w X 0.8 h
pixels: 120 w X 120 h
inches: 0.4 w X 0.4 h
For more tips go to the NJLA Snapshot Wiki.